Judges name retail finalists
ATLANTA – Judges for the biannual Innovative HME Retail Product Awards have named eight finalists that will advance to an onsite judging round at Medtrade.
The finalists are (in alphabetical order):
1) Freedom CPAP Battery from Battery Power Solutions (Booth #1600 at Medtrade)
2) Handy Cane from Handy Cane by Most Corporation (Booth #2166)
3) KT Flex Reinforced Adhesive Strips by KT Tape (Booth #2153)
4) Motivo Tour (Walker) by Motivo (Booth #1952)
5) Go-Chair from Pride Mobility (Booth #1911)
6) PrimeMedic from PostureMedic (Booth #1671)
7) SoClean from SoClean Inc (Booth #2057)
8) MyPainAway Fibro Cream from Topical Biomedics (Booth #1767)
“We had a lot of excellent entrants this year,” said Kevin Gaffney, group show director, Medtrade.
The manufacturers of these products will each give presentations during a session at Medtrade hosted by Jim Greatorex of The VGM Group at 9 a.m. on Nov. 1 in Room C102 of the Georgia World Congress Center. Following the presentations, judges and audience members will select first, second and third place winners.
The criteria for determining the awards are:
1) Market opportunity/market size and product demand;
3) Price point;
4) Quality/design of retail packaging;
5) Merchandising tools;
6) Marketing campaign, helping the retailer reach the end users;
7) Competitive advantages over similar product/product quality;
8) Industry compatible: is it a match for HME retail; and
9) Training tools programs for in store sales staff.
Last year, Pride Mobility Products took first place with its Go Go Folding Scooter, followed by KT Tape in second place with its KT Recovery + Patches, and Golden Technologies in third place with its DayDreamer Lift Chair.