Shoprider builds sales force in-house

 - 
Saturday, November 30, 2002

CARSON, Calif. - A year after by Taiwan-based Pihsiang Machinery Manufacturing parted ways with its U.S. distributor and launched its own direct-to-dealer sales efforts as Shoprider, the company is dramatically downsizing its reliance on independent rep sales and building an in-house sales force.

"We've been trying to improve a lot of things," since the break with DCD, said Shoprider spokesperson. "By having our own sales force, our price can be more competitive."

Eventually, 70% of the Shoprider sales force will be in-house reps; the remaining 30% will be independent reps, said the spokesperson.

Since parting company with DCC, Shoprider reports that U.S. sales have more than doubled, perhaps tripled. In September, Shoprider opened a 30,000 square-foot warehouse near Long Beach, Calif. and moved its headquarters to Carson, Calif.

Around the same time, David Lin took over as president of the company. HME

Links: