Important information just in from AAHomecare
Here's something from AAHomecare that landed in my email in-box a few minutes ago. It's a good laundry list of what the industry is up against these days.
CMS today released the 2011 Medicare physician final rule entitled, “Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2011.” The rule contains the following important provisions for the home medical equipment community:
- Adjusts the formula for calculating the annual update for DMEPOS items with a productivity adjustment;
- Eliminates the first-month purchase option for standard power wheelchairs;
- Modifies payment policy for oxygen equipment for beneficiaries who relocate their residence outside the provider’s service area;
- Addresses transition payments for oxygen and capped rental equipment when beneficiaries change providers;
- Adds an appeals process for contract providers terminated from competitive bidding program;
- Authorizes the implementation of a national mail order competition for diabetes supplies;
- Establishes additional rules for diabetes supplies (50% rule and anti-switching rule).
To read all about this in more detail, click here.