What to do if you're a pharmacy
By now you have heard that pharmacies have until Dec. 31 to get accredited. The NSC has posted a few tidbits of information to try and clear up some of the unsurprising confusion:
• DMEs with pharmacists on staff DO NOT qualify for the extension.
• Pharmacies that were not accredited prior to the October deadline are not subject to the revocation of
Medicare billing privileges at this time.
• Any pharmacies that submitted a voluntary termination that now wish to withdraw this request, must submit a letter to the NSC signed by the authorized official.
• The letter MUST be received by the NSC no later than October 23, 2009.
• Letters may be faxed to the NSC by geographic location.
East Team - 803-382-2405
Central Team - 803-382-2408
West Team - 803-382-2406