The role of the governing body and compliance in health care
HME Compliance Connection webinar series presents attorney Peggy Whitmore with “The Role of the Governing Body and Compliance in Health Care” 1-2 p.m. ET Aug. 22.
A successful compliance program has the support and oversight of a health care organization’s governing body. The governing body must understand its compliance-related responsibilities, how to ensure that those responsibilities are met, and how personal liability can attach if non-compliance occurs.
* Appreciate how government expectations regarding governing body responsibilities vis a vis an organization’s compliance program have developed over time.
* Understand the rise in the government’s use of the Responsible Corporate Officer Doctrine.
* Recognize the changing landscape and the need for the governing body to embrace the concept of active involvement and oversight of its organization’s compliance program.
* Learn what needs to be part of an effective compliance program-related training program for top officials.
* Identify best practices for achieving excellence in governance vis a vis compliance, with a focus on meaningful and effective structures and processes.
This series fee is $125 per location, unlimited attendees. Or, register each location for the full nine-webinar series for only $875 for members of the sponsoring state associations. (The January through July webinars are still available online for the convenience of attendees.) Additionally, CEUs will be provided through the Compliance Certification Board.
Online registration for the nine-part HME Compliance Connection webinar series is at https://www.pamsonline.org/events/.