Consumers back H.R. 1717
WASHINGTON – More than a dozen consumer groups are throwing their support behind H.R. 1717, a bill to replace competitive bidding with a market-pricing program (MPP), according to AAHomecare.
The groups are lining up to sign a letter from United Spinal Association endorsing the bill. The letter began circulating on Monday, just as stakeholders hit the Hill as part of the AAHomecare Washington Legislative Conference.
“When you call or email your members of Congress, make sure they know that the bill has strong support from patient and consumer groups,” AAHomecare told members in its weekly Wednesday in Washington report.
Introduced April 24 by Reps. Tom Price, R-Ga., and John Larson, D-Conn., H.R. 1717 currently has 96 co-sponsors.
Consumer organizations backing the bill include:
1. Disability Rights Education & Defense Fund
2. Long Island Center for Independent Living, Inc.
3. Association of Programs for Rural independent Living
4. Shepherd Center
5. United Spinal Association
6. Disability Rights Center
7. National Organization of Nurses with Disabilities
8. Ability Center
9. Association of Assistive Technology Act Programs
10. Three Rivers Council on Independent Living
11. National Council on Independent Living
12. American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
13. Touch the Future
14. Statewide Independent Living Council of Georgia
15. Christopher and Dana Reeves Foundation
16. Association of Programs for Rural Independent Living
17. Brain Injury Association of America
18. Post-Polio Health International
19. International Ventilator Users Network
20. Association of University Centers of Disabilities
21. Friends of Disabled Adults and Children