Skip to Content

CareCentrix’s Driscoll to take lead role at WBA

CareCentrix’s Driscoll to take lead role at WBA

John DriscollDEERFIELD, Ill. – CareCentrix CEO John Driscoll will assume a new role as executive vice president and president, U.S. Healthcare, at Walgreens Boots Alliance, which includes Walgreens Health, later this month.  

WBA in October 2021 said that it planned to invest $330 million in CareCentrix for a 55% stake in the company, as part of a plan to launch Walgreens Health. It recently entered into a definitive agreement to acquire the remaining 45%* stake in CareCentrix for approximately $392 million. 

“We continue to see strong results and potential for growth from our partnership with CareCentrix,” said Roz Brewer, CEO, WBA. “Our full acquisition further accelerates our transformation to become a consumer-centric health care company, leveraging innovative platforms that extend our capabilities into fast-growing segments of health care. CareCentrix is key to offering services to our patients at every stage of the care continuum, and to driving long-term, sustainable growth as part of our U.S. health care strategy.” 

Driscoll will report directly to Brewer and serve on WBA’s executive committee. CareCentrix CFO Steve Horowitz will assume the role of CareCentrix CEO. 

In his new role, Driscoll will oversee integrations with WBA’s health care partners, including VillageMD, Shields Health Solutions and CareCentrix, as well as the organic growth of the Walgreens Health business, which focuses on population health through initiatives like Walgreens Health Corners. 

“It is an honor to take this leadership position with a company committed to integrating the key pieces to deliver better health care at lower costs to so many,” said Driscoll. “I look forward to working closely with Roz and WBA’s U.S. Healthcare leadership team to create a truly differentiated experience for consumers across their healthcare journey, while bringing greater value to payors, providers and other partners.” 


To comment on this post, please log in to your account or set up an account now.